To allow storage and transport of plates of glass in stacks, a fine coat of interleavant powder is usually applied to each plate, after cutting on the float line.
These interleavant powders allow for:
- Reduced friction between plates and hence scratches during transport
- Easy separation of plates by limiting adhesive forces and the suction effect
- Avoidance of corrosion on the glass surface under strongly humid conditions
Our interleavant powders are formulated from polymers and / or adipic acid.
- Avoids corrosion: for the product with adipic acid
- Different particle sizes possible
- Rigorously controlled grain-size distribution for uniform application
- Hydrophobic, so easy to remove with water
- Rate of use: about 200 mg/m²
- Free from boric acid or boron derivatives to preserve health of operators
CONDAT offers equipment suitable for facilitating implementation of our lubricants.