Electrical cables are intended for the transport of energy. They are made from copper or aluminium wires according to needs.
Electrical cables are made up of strands (wires wound on a core). If required, they can be insulated with PVC materials.
The wires used to make up the electrical cables have a length of several tens of kilometres. The lubricant used during wire drawing must provide:
- high lubricity
- a guarantee of consistent quality throughout lubricant use
- protection of the material and the tools
- High voltage electrical wires
- Medium voltage electrical wires
- Low voltage electrical wires
For aluminium electrical cables, lubricants based on neat oils are widely used. Our lubricating technologies reduce the costs of your wire-drawing operations:
- Lower tooling costs
- Less maintenance
- Lower consumption of lubricant
Soluble technology is a growing alternative for this application.
For copper electrical cables, soluble lubricants are used for most applications. For the largest diameters, oils and greases remain the most effective technology.