Extrusion is a manufacturing process in which a compressed material is forced to pass through a die having the section of the part to be made. This operation allows for continuous production of long products (tubes, pipes, profiles) at a fast rate.
Extrusion gives parts with even more precise shapes than are possible with stamping or die forging. Further, the parts show excellent surface condition, often allowing them to be used without further machining.
CONDAT offers a complete range of lubricants intended for extrusion and drawing of aluminium, adapted to each of the operations from cutting the billets through to shaping of the profile.
In addition to the specific range of lubricants intended for aluminium extrusion, CONDAT also offers:
- Cutting fluids for shearing profiles after extrusion
- Maintenance products:
- Graphite varnishes for dies and dummy blocks: G Start
- Fire-resistant hydraulic fluids: CONDAT D
- High-temperature heat-transfer fluids: for temperature control of moulds, machines
- A large range of equipment to facilitate the application of these products:
Contact us for all technical requests.