VICAFIL SL liquid lubricants are diluted in water and are recommended for wet drawing of fine wires and more particularly for copper coated or galvanised wires.
Chemically, these products are classified according to their appearance once diluted:
- Milky appearance: Emulsions of oils, liquid soaps or dispersions, their appearance comes from the size of the oil droplets in the water. They are the most lubricating.
- Opalescent appearance: the size of the droplets is around one micron and these micro-emulsions offer an ideal balance between cleanliness and lubricating performances
- Clear appearance: True or 100% synthetic solutions, these fluids are generally dedicated to drawing the finest wires, where cleanliness takes priority.
In mastering these technologies, the VICAFIL SL range offers a solution for all applications, whatever the material or the coating.
To learn more, contact our experts for the optimal recommendation for your application.
The VICAFIL SL range of soluble oils is designed for use at low concentration and its main purpose is:
- to eliminate the heat produced by metal forming
- to limit frictions by using anti-wear and extreme pressure additives in the formulation
Used pure, our VICAFIL SP range of pastes offers effective lubrication for single-pass applications. Soluble, VICAFIL SP pastes are easily cleaned and give a very clean finish to the wire.